Friday, February 20, 2009

Fun photos for father

Alliteration is one of my favorite things, black and white photography is another. My preference for black and white started in high school when I took a photography class, and followed me into college where I amazed one of my professors. She was amazed that I was able to make prints that exposed the silver in the paper.

I didn't accomplish this on purpose - rather I accomplished it through pure laziness - if you listen careful you can hear my father mumble, "Yup, that's her." I used my favorite paper, Agfa matt finish and used my developer without diluting it. The lack of water in the developer sped the process up incredibly. The combination of the two created wonderful results for me.

It was a comment on one of Greyhound Rick's photos that lead me to another incredible image maker. I want to introduce you to Matthew. An Englishman currently living in the South of France. He still photographs with film and finds the beauty in simplicity. Enjoy his work - I know I do.

His photostream can be seen by clicking HERE

For my papa, who has developed a great admiration for being on top of the water, I offer these Click HERE Papa, although you enjoy the fast and furious, I'm sure you'll find the beauty of those images breathtaking.

No comments: