Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Winter Wonderland

When it comes to weather, Ohio is enough to send a meteorologist packing. The nation jokes about Ohio weather. Leading up to the Memorial Golf Tournament, the news venues would be gravely inept if they did not report on Chief Leatherlips and the rain that has plagued the Tournament since day one.


Then there's the philosophy that if you don't like the weather in Ohio, that's okay because it's going to change anyway. There's a photographer on Flickr who's work makes you want to step through your monitor into his winter wonderland and hope that the weather never changes.


I found Johny Day's work because of his dog Holly Wood. Johny had commented on one of Lucy's photos - it is only after following his links that I allowed myself to be captivated by Holly's beauty. To see Holly, click HERE


Like I mentioned before, Johny's photographs of his surroundings makes one want to visit he snow covered playground. When he asks if you can smell snow, he seriously is inquiring as to whether you've been to the unspoiled land that he's captured so invitingly. To see why one should forgo the Caribbean and head to the snow covered, pine fragranced mountains, simply click HERE


The final collection of Johny's that I want to show you is his Canadian Wolves. These photos defy words - click HERE


I would like to thank my Flickr acquaintances for sharing their art with me, and the rest of the world. What I first thought was a web site full of vacation photos has instead turned out to be a place to meet people, discover places to visit and just plain have your breath taken away when you see something so spectacular that you just have to share.

No comments: