Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Mental Muscle

For quite some time, I was under the impression that I was a fairly intelligent person.  So much so, I signed up to take the online Jeopardy contestant screening test.  That test abruptly put an end to my smarty pants attitude.

That attitude does rear it's ugly head every now and then though.  Mostly when the incompetent tell me I'm wrong.  I don't tell them that Jeopardy knows that I can be wrong quite often, but you can't argue with technology, can you?

My favorite, which I ran into again this morning is, "It can't be wrong, I wrote the code."  That's akin to my, "It can't possibly be spelled wrong, I sounded it out."  When one learns to read phonetically, there are a lot of interesting ways to spell words.

Now I hear that Obama promises to change Washington if he's elected.  What exactly does he thing he'll be able to change in 4 years.  Is he going to change the senate & house healthcare plans?  Good luck, Oh that's right, Obama promised to give those without health insurance a program that's as good as the one Washington enjoys. 

Them are some big words black man.  I know what they enjoy as far as health insurance...who's going to pay this premium for all those who cannot pay to have health insurance.

I've come to the realization that I'm a mean person.  When someone really irks me...Like thinking he can do my job better than me, I tend to take great joy in making his life miserable, which is terrible...fun

No comments: