Tuesday, April 15, 2008

To have a blog...

You have to write.  I've heard of may people talking about "their blog." My blog this, my blog that.  So off I ran to create a blog.  I wanted this to be available to Sarah too, so she had a creative outlet and could join the My Blog generation.  I haven't told her about the blog yet, as I'm still trying to figure out how to make it go. 

When I first created my blog, I had all of these great ideas for writing.  Politics, now there's a subject that I could go on and on about.  The neatest thing about politics is that it's reflected to the general public by journalists.  I cannot think of two greater wordsmith to be working together.  Journalist check their facts and politicians spin their facts, so how does a journalist check up on a spun fact? 

The best quote coming out of today is the creator(?) of BET, that's BLACK Entertainment network, said that if Obama wasn't black, he wouldn't be running for President.  Oh sure, Mrs Ferarro states the obvious and she gets booed, but...I best check to see if it's a fact, spun fact or miss quoted.

Out of context, what a defense.  That's not what I meant, they took the statement out of context.  If you don't want to be noted as saying that the sky is falling, then don't tell me that it was raining so hard, the sky was falling.  Don't blame your speech writer - it's your responsibility at the Orator to check those freaking facts.

For now though, I must end my oration.  I'm not quite sure what search word will put the verbosity upon your desktop, but please, leave it in context.

No comments: