Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Scott's Lawn Care & Customer Care

After finally getting our electricity back yesterday, I ventured outside to clean up the yard.

Let me take you back a bit.  We switched from TruGreen to Scotts Lawn Care this season.  They called a month or so ago to schedule the $200+ aeration and overseeding.  The same that we received last year.  I told the gentleman who called that perhaps now is not the right time to ask, as I'm not very happy with the success of our lawn care.  He promised to have someone call and speak with us.

That person did call, but I wasn't home.  When the caller offered to come out and treat our weeds at no charge, my husband told them that they would have to speak to me, as the yard is my responsibility.  I love my yard and won't let my husband deal with it.  Imagine my surprise when a couple weeks ago, I received a call from Mark.

Mark wanted me to know that he works until 3:30 and cannot possibly accommodate me the customer.  He did offer me the opportunity to meet with him if I have a day that I don't work.  If that doesn't work, he suggested that I TAKE A VACATION DAY to meet with him.

If I rearrange my schedule he could meet with me to evaluate my lawn.  I was so angry I could barely dial the phone.  But I did, I called customer service and spoke to a lady who's name escapes me right now.  I told her that my lawn was the worst it has been in the six years that I've been here.

I told her about the phone call I received from Mark.  I also told her that I was not going to use one of my vacation days to meet with him.  She offered to have my application reapplied.  To which I stated, "How is the application that I don't pay for going to be any better than the one I did pay for."  I continued with, "It looks as though the guy just came out, gave me a bill and left."  To which she replied, without seeing my yard, "I can GUARANTEE THAT WASN'T THE CASE."

So, fast forward to yesterday.  I will simply post some of the photos.

 IMG_0689

IMG_0690 

 IMG_0693

IMG_0694 

 IMG_0696

 IMG_0697

IMG_0698 

IMG_0700 

   IMG_0704 I was cutting my grass yesterday and every weed I found, I was getting increasingly more upset.  I called again and requested that a manager call me back.

When he did, I relayed my voice message from Mark.  Amazingly enough he remembers that voice message and spoke to Mark about it.  I didn't ask, but do want to know, if he knew about the voice message, why didn't he call me back. 

I've now told the manager that he can pick from three resolutions.  The first, refund all the money that we've paid them this season, and we'll make like this just never happened and I'll take the blog and photos down. 

(B) treat the yard at no cost for the upcoming season, and I won't work hard to distribute this blog.  After the year of service, we'll revisit the weed situation.  (C) They can do nothing and I will offer my yard, as is, to TruGreen with testimonials.

I expressed that he has 24 hours to let me know what their resolution is.  I'll keep you posted.

No comments: