Tuesday, October 14, 2008

M.O.Y.

For awhile now, I thought about keeping a running blog highlighting random acts of kindness that I experience.  Then I made a phone call yesterday and the ensuing exchange of email brought something total different to mind. 

Please forgive me Jeff Foxworthy, but you know you won't become Mom Of the Year when...

  • You instruct your son that if someone should ever tell him that his mother wears combat boots to say, "So does my dad and they both ride Harleys."
  • Your daughter is practicing her viola for the first time with a bow and you think there's a horrendous car wreck right outside the door.
  • When the nurse states that your child should be home recovering from a tonsillectomy for at least 2 weeks and you reply, "Two weeks?  I was walking the day after foot surgery.  She got to sleep for 3 days."

As more of these gems come to mind, I will update the list.

No comments: