Thursday, November 20, 2008

Boil Water v2.0

5 eggs in a small sauce pan, cover with cold water, turn heat on medium, bring water to boil and allow eggs to cook for 11 minutes then run under cold water to stop the cooking process.  So I set the timer for 16 minutes.  Five minutes for the water to come to a boil and 11 minutes of cooking time.

 

Daughter is sniffing around for breakfast and mom says, I have hard boiled eggs.  Daughter is thrilled, as she likes them and thought that one would make a nice breakfast.   The next thing I hear, "Mom, you should have cooked them longer."  Why, I asked.  "Because the insides were mushy and there was no green on the outside of the yolk."

 

No green!!!  I was successful!  Let me see the egg, I said to her.  To which Sean states, "She gave it to the dog."  All three dogs are still on their feet, so it must have been perfect, as I can't stand green scum on my egg yolks.  Basking in my triumph, I bring two eggs with me to work. 

 

I slowly, with great expectation, peeled the shell off and marveled at my accomplishment!  I put a little salt on the egg and took my fist bite.  Not bad, the egg has the proper consistency...I don't know what Sarah was talking about.  Second bite...No green scum on the egg yolk, but...

 

The egg white is the important part to eat anyway, isn't it.  No need for the yolk, <throwing it in the trash>.  At least the yolk had enough consistency to allow me to throw it out!!  Stay tuned...Boil Water v3.0 can't be far away...

No comments: