Saturday, November 15, 2008

Canine Cam Catastrophe

Thursday was to be the day that Canine Cam produced the evidence.  I was going to outsmart the dogs.  Since it seemed as though Argie would sleep all day, I would put the camera on Sadie.  I excitedly put the collar and camera on Sadie, put the gate up and told the pups to have a good day.MARS0021

This is the best picture that I got from Argus.  Evidently he's once again lounging on the floor.  I figured that from Sadie I would get something other than the floor.

 

Like I said, she got the collar and the camera, and I went to work.  The mistake I made Thursday was not going home at lunch.  I gave them the whole day to be alone.  This was the first time in over a year that they were free on the inside. 

 

I've always told people that Sadie is my smart dog, Argus is the good looking dog and well, Jake is the Perfect Dog.  So, here's what happened as best I can figure out.  Sadie, once she realized we weren't coming back, began conspiring.  She showed Argus that she now had the camera...he responded by rolling over. 

 

Prancing around with the camera, Sadie saw a myriad of things to do.  Click went the camera.  Sadie checked out all the magnets on the refrigerator, click.  Every fifteen minutes of Sadie's exploration was caught in pixels.The Army has a motto of "No Man Left Behind," dogs have a motto of No Evidence Left Behind.  Evidence such as the photos neatly stored on her neck.

 

Sadie looked at Argus who was now - well, he hasn't moved for an hour or so - Psst, she said, help me get this thing off of my neck.  Argus didn't have to work real hard, as the human (read as me) didn't bother to resize the collar, so it slipped off of her head with relative ease.  Sadie methodically went about chewing up the camera, and the collar that it came on.  She then set about exploring and chewing, chewing and exploring. 

 

Suffice to say, there is no more canine cam, and of course no evidence of what the dogs were into.  Next though is the web cam.  Stay tuned for the next installment of Canine Cam, the motion pictures.

No comments: