Wednesday, November 12, 2008

What was I expecting?

As many have seen and heard, I have three dogs.  Perfect Dog and two shepherds.  I've been working very hard to acclimate Sadie and Argus to life inside without supervision.  It's been a long road full of tuff love.  I love the dogs and my husband says tuff, they're going outside.

 

We did the conditioning, leaving them for minutes, then working it up to hours - always returning so that they get a sense of security.  Argus is all for security, as he's been off of Puppy Prozac for some time now.  So, when I saw the Canine Cam...digital camera to clip on dog collar, I was thrilled.  I can set the camera to take pictures every one, five or fifteen minutes.  The camera holds up to 35 pictures and connects to the computer by USB. 

 

Today was the big day...first day alone ALL day.  I don't know who was more excited, me to be utilizing such state of the art technology, or the dogs, not having to entertain themselves outside for 8 hours.

 

Eleven a.m. roughly marked the day's half way point.  I was so excited to go home for lunch, with gas at $1.86 per gallon, it was a trip I could make.  Onward home I went.  I told a couple co-workers who knew about Canine Cam that I was going home.  I went in the house and was met by two snarling dogs.  I checked for damage...none.  I took the camera off Argus and put the two outside.

 

I plugged the camera in, placed the photos into Picasa, selected the edit view and then nothing.  I tried all of the digital enhancement gadgets available.  Only one photo is halfway worthy of publishing and that's my kitchen light.  I didn't fool myself into expecting anything worthy of Better Homes & Gardens, but shoot something more exciting than proof of a 4 hour nap would have been good.

 

I put the camera back onto Argie's collar.  Hopefully he'll catch Sadie with her paws on the counter and her nose in the icing.  Then at least I'll have something to laugh about.

No comments: