Sunday, August 31, 2008

Bad eManners

This year was my high school 25th reunion.  This means that I've known Krista for 21 years.  Almost half my life. 

She sent me three emails in the course of two weeks, interested in how I was doing.  What did I do?  I tossed my blog address to her and said - Here I am. 

Quite frankly I'll be lucky if she ever speaks to me again.  I'm a product of the pen and paper world.  I derive pleasure from writing, be it on lined paper or expensive stationery.  I try to get my children to write thank you notes, even if they "told Debi thank you when she dropped me off."

As we travel down the eHighway, be it text, Internet or what's waiting for us in the future, it's important that we don't forget who is important to us.  We also must remember to make sure these special people know that they are indeed special to us.

So here I sit, the person who demands that my children write thank you notes, and I didn't have the time to send an electronic message.  I've taken that time now, and looked through all of Krista's photos on Facebook.  I even commented on a few of them.

The moral of this lesson is to get out of the speeding lane of the electronic world.  Slow down, and let those you care about and those who care about you know that you also think of them.

Krista, I hope that you can look past my faux pas!  Friends are few and those who can smack you on the back of the head while warning you not to do what you did ever again are even fewer.  I'll consider myself smacked if you agree!

No comments: