Sunday, August 31, 2008

He finally called!

I was out watering my pine tree that is on life support (see previous blog post) and when I came inside my answering machine was beeping. I hit the play button and was hoping that it was the lady who is going to cut all my hair off, but alas it was John.

John McCain called me. I think I would have rather it been wardrobe tips from Cindy but a brief message from such an important man really made me stop and listen. He spoke a bit slowly and without the dynamics of a person who paid attention during speech class, but still, John called.

John was hoping that I had penciled in the convention dates. After finding out that George couldn't find Dick in enough time to get the flight plan cleared so they couldn't attend. The excuse has something to do with a hurricane, New Orleans and disaster. Last I heard Nagin has consulted his Ouija board to see who's to blame for Gus.

Sorry, I'm off topic. John called to make sure that he could count on me this coming week. And you know what else...he's making sure that an absentee ballot application is sent to me. I guess he knows how busy I am. He wants to make sure that I vote, and that my vote gets counted. Guess he doesn't want a bunch of states dealing with hanging chads. But what's even funnier than that, the state of Ohio has issued a statement that there will be no sleep overs with voting machines.

John called me today, I guess I'll try to watch the convention. It promises to be about as exciting as a root canal.

And yes, I know it wasn't really him!

Update 9-1-08 I told my daughter Sarah that McCain called me yesterday. She asked me if I knew that it was only a computer. Gotta love kids

No comments: