Thursday, August 14, 2008

Digger

As some of you may know, Jacob Lewis, my 13 year old pound puppy gave me a scare this week.  So much so, I thought the end was near.  I made the necessary phone calls, announcing his Fair Well Tour and made an appointment with the Vet.

Among his vast array of geriatric attributes, Jake was having issues with bladder control.  When he didn't feel like controlling it, he wouldn't.  Because of this issue, I let him stay outside yesterday.  Jake is one who will lay in the sun until he is two minutes shy of heatstroke, so I had no problem with him spending the day outside.

(Thursday - 8/14/08)  I've got Jake's issue figured out.  He's solar powered.  Yesterday he stayed out again.  He was outside (with water for you asking people) laying in the sun.  When we came home Jake was jumping around and carrying on - like the Jake of years past.

The only thing I can figure out is that he's solar powered and his light cells were on empty.  I'm thrilled to say that he appears to have hopefully another year of playfulness left in him.

No comments: