Monday, August 4, 2008

Sorry about my luck (edited)

(Originally posted in June)

That's what he said, at 3:30 this morning. Funny thing is, he meant it. He being a Columbus Police Officer. He was expressing his condolences for the mailbox that broke into 4 pieces, the 20+ year old pine tree that was up rooted and probably most of all the two cans of grass clippings that were so cleverly spread back over the grass that they came from.

Tree with scatterd clippins and car parts Around three this morning there was a faint knock at the door. All I can think of is that he didn't want to wake anyone up. Argus and Sadie woke up. Sadie leads the chorus of barking and Argie supplies the echo, "I guess I should be barking too." I was able to quiet them down, but Sadie maintained a low grumble for another minute or so.

Then the phone rings. It's a pop quiz before the sun is required to shine. Fortunately I knew my address, so after passing the pop quiz, the very nice officer introduced himself

and explained that we was calling because I didn't answer the door. When I spoke to my mom this morning, she asked why I didn't answer the door. I didn't think quick enough to tell her that she taught me not to answer the door in the dark, especially if the weather was staging the perfect murder mystery backdrop.can of parts

I'm happy to say that it was only a double homicide, the mailbox and the tree. One trash can will be treated at the scene. The other one may need some minor surgery to become useful again. By the sprinkling of car parts left over, I would say that the culprit, or rather car may be in serious, but stable condition.

I am now starting on the call, coordinate and replace montage. Wish me luck, or as Mr. Police Officer so eloquently said, he's sorry about my luck.



The bucket of car parts,

collected the day after

1999 mustang

The 1999 Mustang, defeated by a pine tree.

No comments: